Friday, July 11, 2014

Looking Forward ...

     Well, we're closing in on our first Bazaar Sundays event.  Vendors are looking great, and we are hoping for an awesome turnout.  Still waiting for a few vendors to finalize their reserved spaces, but other than that, we will have a full house.  It will be interesting to see how each vendor will be displaying their items, and also how many different ways we can situate ourselves into our new venue.

     I'm a bit nervous, this is my first solo event and also something that I have found to be enjoying and fulfilling.   I have to thank my predecessor, Drew Elegante, for giving me this opportunity and opening up a whole new World that I would have never thought possible.   At heart, I am a creator/designer with a passionate goal towards entrepreneurship.  I found that my ideas and suggestions were never realized while working for others.  Being stifled was not worth the paycheck.

     Since moving to South Bend six years ago, I have grown to appreciate shopping local.  The attention provided by a small business owner is amazing.  They really know their product - their specialty.  Of course, a shopper will pay a little extra for this type of attention, but it definitely is worth it.  Smiling faces from interesting, caring people.  Folks who will give you their "all" because they know it is you, the customer, that provides them the opportunity to be their own boss.  I love it! 

Watch us grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment