Thursday, August 14, 2014

Just a thought ...

So, we've been hearing lately that we are not one of the "happiest" cities in the country, but as we can plainly see, in the weeks past, it appears that there are many unhappy people ..... and we were not even aware of it.  As we drive around the many cities in our local area, don't we find that more and more drivers are just angry in general?  You have to wonder what makes people so unhappy or angry so much so that violence is the only answer, but does it really make anything better?  Happier?  All society is doing is creating a "domino effect" of additional unhappiness.

Jealousy, grandiosity ..... dare I say "immaturity?"  There are the "haves" and the "have nots," where do you fall?  Being a mixture of both, it is difficult to imagine being just one or the other, which in my opinion,  is very humbling.  I, for one, do not have everything I want in life.  If I did, would it make me a happier person - I think not.  What I really want in life is to be able to enjoy the simplest of things that don't cost much or cost at all such as sunny mornings, hot coffee, quiet, being outside without getting bit by a mosquito - you know ...... simple.  I don't ask for much .... ooh, I also want to enjoy a stress free, drama free life........ is that too much?

Ahhh, being stress free.  I often wonder what that is like, or if it is a real feeling to "feel no stress."  Just to wake up in the morning without my teeth clenched and my muscles sore ....... basically, I am my own workout routine while I sleep.  Where does this stress come from?  I am doing what I enjoy doing the most .... helping others, creating, designing, being.  Is this even too much?  For me it is.  I worry about everything.  Will it make them happy, satisfied, excited, successful?  Will they love it, hate it, "eh" it?  Even doing the things we love in life encompasses some kind of stress, but from what I gather, there is a difference between good stress and bad stress.  Either way, physically we feel like crap when it happens.

Where am I going with all of this?  Nowhere, I guess.  Sometimes, it just feels good to let it all out.


No comments:

Post a Comment